Fort Wolters was a United States military installation four miles northeast of Mineral Wells, Texas. Originally named Camp Wolters, it was an Army camp from 1925 to 1946. During World War II, it was for a time the largest infantry replacement training center in the United States. After the war, the camp was deactivated for a several years. It became an Air Force base in 1951 with the misson of training Air Force engineers. In 1956, it reverted to the United States Army to house the United States Army Primary Helicopter School; it was designated a "permanent" military base and renamed Fort Wolters in 1963. The base was deactivated in 1973, and the site is now used as an industrial park, a Texas National Guard training center and summer camp, and hosts a branch of Weatherford College.