On the morning of 10 March, the 276th Engineer Combat Battalion, one of the III Corps units sent to Remegan, relieved Company C. Before it was relieved, Company C placed a large sign on the north tower on the western side of the bridge that welcomed soldiers: "CROSS THE RHINE WITH DRY FEET, COURTESY OF THE 9TH ARM'D DIV".
BG Thomas H. Harrold, Commanding General, U.S. 9th Armored Division in German stands with members of the division who are holders of the Distinguished Service Cross.
Left to Right- T/SGT Michael Clinchar, Rochelle Park, NJ; SGT William Goodson, Rushville, IN; LT John Grimball, Columbus, SC; CPT George P. Soumas; Perry, IA; BG Thomas H. Harrold; LT Karl Timmermann; West Point, NB; SSG Eugene Dorland; Manhatten, KS; SGT Joseph S. Petrinosik; Berea, OH. "Market Garden"
US Army Signal Corps photograph taken by W. Spangle on September 18, 1945, several months after the bridge was captured.