Ogden, William Stephen, SP 4

 Photo In Uniform   Service Details
71 kb
View Time Line
Last Rank
Specialist 4
Last Service Branch
Last Primary MOS
67A-Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice
Last MOS Group
Transportation Corps (Enlisted)
Primary Unit
1968-1969, 67A, 134th Aviation Company
Service Years
1968 - 1969

Specialist 4

 Last Photo   Personal Details 

68 kb

Home State
Year of Birth
This Military Service Page was created/owned by SGT Rick Dunn to remember Ogden, William Stephen, SP 4.

If you knew or served with this Soldier and have additional information or photos to support this Page, please leave a message for the Page Administrator(s) HERE.
Casualty Info
Home Town
Last Address

Casualty Date
Feb 06, 1969
Hostile, Died
Air Loss, Crash - Land
Ninh Thuan (Vietnam)
Vietnam War
Location of Interment
West Laurel Hill Cemetery - Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
Wall/Plot Coordinates
33W 072/Rockland 40

 Official Badges 

 Unofficial Badges 

Door Gunner

 Military Association Memberships
Vietnam Veterans Memorial
  1982, Vietnam Veterans Memorial [Verified]4 - Assoc. Page

 Photo Album   (More...

 Ribbon Bar

Aviation Badge (Basic)

 Unit Assignments
1st Aviation Brigade134th Aviation Company
  1968-1969, 67A, 1st Aviation Brigade
  1968-1969, 67A, 134th Aviation Company
 Combat and Non-Combat Operations
  1968-1968 Vietnam War/Counteroffensive Phase V Campaign (1968)
  1968-1969 Vietnam War/Counteroffensive Phase VI Campaign (1968-69)
 Additional Information
Last Known Activity
On February 6, 1969, the 134th Assault Helicopter Company conducted a combat assault with Republic of Korea (ROK) units near Phan Rang, Ninh Thuan Province, RVN. At the landing zone (LZ), the Viet Cong were waiting in spider holes for the incoming aircraft. The lead UH-1 helicopter was hit by ground fire and crashed in the LZ while another UH-1 (66-16326) was destroyed by a B-40 rocket as it landed. CW2 William M. Harrison, the aircraft commander with 24 days left in country, was killed by shrapnel from the B-40. The crew chief, SP4 John Baxter, was hit by numerous pieces of shrapnel, including a leg wound that had to later be amputated. The last UH-1 (66-16319) in the three-ship formation went around the crashed lead ship. As it did, it was hit by a hail of fire with a round hitting the gunner, SP4 William S. Ogden, in the neck and killing him instantly. The rest of the crew somehow escaped serious jury and managed to get the badly damaged ship back to Phan Rang Air Base. [Taken from underwoodconsulting.org]

Not Specified
Copyright Togetherweserved.com Inc 2003-2011